First, I must tell y’all that I am really very fatigued right now, but I want to share this dish with you anyway because it was really delicious. I grew up eating my mother’s Chicken Cacciatore, and I cannot recall ever eating any prepared by anyone else ever in my entire life. And believe it or not, I had never cooked it myself…until now. I was inspired to do it while watching the show “Extra Virgin” on the Cooking Channel with actress Debi Mazar and her husband, Chef Gabriele Corcos. They prepared this dish for a family gathering in Sicily using all local and natural/organic ingredients, and it was so simple and rustic and elegant all at the same time.
Debi and Gabriele’s recipe can be found at this link: Sicilian Chicken Cacciatore
Of course, I didn’t follow that recipe exactly. Here are my ingredients (approximate) —
(Optional) Andouille sausage (sliced)
Chef G’s Method —
1. Coat the chicken with saffron butter, brown on both sides
2. Remove chicken from pan, discard drippings
3. Sauté onion in a drizzle of olive oil until translucent, add wine and stir
4. Add tomatoes, bring to a simmer, and then add chicken pieces
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste
6. Cook for about 30 minutes and serve
That’s it! The wonderfully light, clean taste of the fresh ingredients in this dish is something that you must experience yourself…TRUST ME!
Check out the photo album below to see some of my preparation steps.